If you’re going to follow me as a coach, then I want you to know me and know WHY I’m doing this. WHY I decided to become a coach and run my business on Facebook and Instagram. Please know my reasons don’t work for everyone, and I’m SO thankful for the great teachers that have taught my kids (the career I have given up). But for me, here are my top 5 reasons (will you make it to #5?):
1) I love fitness and want to be a good role model to my kids with healthy living. They see me working out every day and want to be active themselves. When they work out with me, or climb the rock wall with determination, or run races and do their best, I am SO proud. I want to pass on a healthy lifestyle to them, and by being a coach, working out and eating healthy are part of my job description. 🙂
2) I want flexibility with my daily schedule, less stress in my home life, and be able to travel. I used to be a teacher, and while I loved it and it was the perfect place for me for almost a decade, you are locked into the school schedule. It was hard to take days off, and it was a big pain in the rear to write sub plans for my absence. Traveling is my family’s passion, and if you’re the teacher, you can’t really do this unless the school is on break. So asking to travel when I wanted would’ve been out of the question. As a parent, though, I don’t mind taking my kids out for a few days here and there to show them the world. That’s an education in itself. Since I’m the boss, now I just say, “When are we going?”
3) It allows me to do stay at home mom things AND make a difference in the lives of women too. I’ve always wanted to volunteer in my kids’ classrooms, go on field trips, be home when they get off the bus, and spend time with them before and after school with no stress. I knew I wanted to be home for my kids, but I also felt like I should do something when they were in school. I’ve always had a strong desire to help others and make my mark on the world. So while they’re in school, being a coach works perfectly. All of my work is done from home, so I can work when I want and not have it impact my time with my kids. And if I do need to “work” while the kids are home, that’s OK because I am still around and can attend to their needs.
4) I thrive when I’m around positive people. It’s a part of my love language. The coaches on my team are energetic, positive, looking to continue improving themselves, and it’s a culture of helping each other (not cut throat competition). Everyone I work with as their coach is excited to make healthy changes in their lives, and when they do, it’s so inspiring, empowering, and motivating. Their lives are changed! Who wouldn’t want to be around that atmosphere?
5) And last but not least…a big reason I wanted to coach was YOU! ALL of you still reading this. Thank you. YOU are the reason I decided to coach. What I gained from my own journey was something I had to pay forward to you all. When I went through my transformation, I gained so much trust in God and confidence in who He made me to be. I stopped doubting myself and allowing self-critical thoughts to roam wild in my mind. And I had to pay that forward, because that’s true freedom. You see, when you realize your worth as a child of God and you can stop beating yourself up in your own head, there’s nothing holding you back. You aren’t afraid to step out of your comfort zone, try new things, or come up with new ideas. Your brain is filled with “what if” statements vs “I totally stink” thoughts. I imagine the ripple effect this can have on individuals and those lives they touch – it gives me the chills. I want to be a part of those stories.
Can you relate to any of these reasons? Do you need a little freedom and flexibility in your life? Would you like to have more self-confidence? I’d love to chat with you about my next challenge or joining my team 🙂 Simply message me through the form below, complete the coach application HERE, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.